Governance Auditors' Refresher Course
The Institute has been in discussions with the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) on the conduct of Governance Audits for Issuers of Securities to the Public. For efficient and uniform implementation of Governance Audits, CMA has developed relevant Governance Audit Reporting and Assessment Templates.
It is for this reason that the Institute and CMA have agreed to hold half day workshops. The workshops are only for the 232 members who have so far undertaken the Governance Auditors Accreditation Courses. In each of these workshops, which will be facilitated by CMA and the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the same content will be covered. Each of the 232 members is therefore required to book and attend the workshops. Areas to be covered in each of these three workshops include:
- Highlights of the CMA Code of Governance;
- Basis for Governance Audits;
- Parameters for the Audits;
- Reporting Template and Scorecard;
- Assessment Templates to be used by Governance Auditors; and
- Linkage and Reporting Requirements for Issuers, Governance Auditors, ICPSK and CMA.
Please note that CMA has made it mandatory for an Accredited Governance Auditor to attend one of the workshops before being approved to carry out Governance Audit in CMA regulated companies.
|Event Date:||04-Dec-2017 8:00 am|
|Event End Date:||04-Dec-2017 4:00 pm|
|Cut off date||12-01-2017|