Seminar on Companies Act and Insolvency Act
The Companies Act No.17 of 2015 and the Insolvency Act No.18 of 2015 are part of the new legal framework designed to improve management and governance of businesses in Kenya. These new laws have introduced substantial provisions, processes and institutions with enormous effect on the legal responsibilities of directors, company secretaries, business persons and other stakeholders. As such, it is essential for all stakeholders to comprehend various aspects of the changes under the new Acts, in particular those involving Company Directors, Secretaries and Corporate Insolvency. Thus, this seminar is intended to enlighten participants on the new legal and corporate governance requirements under the Companies Act and Insolvency Act of 2015. The seminar will therefore focus on the following issues among others:
1) An over-view of the Acts
2) What’s New from the Old Laws?
3)The Two Regime Concept.
4) Compliance and Statutory Returns;
5) Directors, Secretary and Auditors;
6) Accounts and Audit;
7) Quoted Companies;
8) Companies limited by guarantee;
9) Share and Capital Maintenance;
10) Shareholders’ rights and remedies;
11) Annual General Meetings;
12) Conflicts of interests and related party transactions;
13) Use of Information Technology;
14) The Insolvency practitioner;
15) The ‘No Asset procedure’;
16) Cross border insolvency;
17) Alternative procedures to bankruptcy.
18) Progress and Challenges on Implementation and Enforcement of the New Laws.
This seminar is designed to benefit Directors, Certified Secretaries, Managers, Lawyers, Accountants, Consultants and Business Persons.
KES 30,000 for members and KES 40,000 for non-members
|Event Date:||29-Mar-2017 8:00 am|
|Event End Date:||31-Mar-2017 4:00 pm|
|Cut off date||03-28-2017|
|Location||Sarova Panafric Hotel, Nairobi|